SNAP SHOT OF LAST YEAR: Last year at this time there were 217 active home listings so we are doing way better today. Pending sales are up 74% over last year. Closed sales are up 56%. Continue reading
I recently assisted some past clients make a move from their smaller cute Willow Glen home to another Willow Glen charmer.
Their first home was a charming home that needed a lot of upgrades and over the last 6 years they put in a beautiful bathroom, gorgeous kitchen and a new staggered shake roof that only built upon the charm of the home. But the home had gotten too small for a family so the wife was always looking at the Willow Glen homes for sale. She spotted something that was a perfect size. Since the home was built in the early 1900s and fairly original they knew they would be having to get back to work again.
We were able to buy the new home contingent on the sale of their first home. The home they wanted had multiple offers so we have to structure the offer to be appealing and even more importantly we had to price their home to sell right away. My clients and I worked together as a team which is what is need if you try to pull this off. So you have to work side-by-side with your Realtor to pull off a massive undertaking such as this.
In 50 days they moved into their new home preparing for their new family!
Are you wanting to move up?
1) Do your homework. Find out how much your current home is worth.
2) Get your financing in order
3) Hook up with a knowledgeable Realtor. The agent’s reputation to get the job done may be what is needed to even get looked at by the seller of the new home.
4) Take the advice of your Realtor. Price your current home at the very bottom end of valuation. You have no time to waste.
5) When looking at the offer for your current home you want to see how committed the buyer is to the home, is the other agent knowledgeable and able to get the job done? Are there any property conditions that can get in the way of the closing.
Good luck! Happy house hunting.